Stress affects everyone. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), you may reduce the risk of negative health effects, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, and anxiety, if you take initiative to manage your stress.
You may feel as though going to the spa for a day is a form of “treating yourself,” but really, it’s about taking care of yourself. Going to the spa will allow you to relieve yourself of some of that pent up stress and rejuvenate you so that once you leave, you feel as though you can take on the world stronger than you did before.
Here are five spas in Sewickley that will leave you feeling relaxed and revitalized.
The Sewickley Spa
This spa is located in a charming 120 year old Victorian home.
337 Beaver St. | Sewickley | sewickleyspa.com
“Feel fabulous - if even for a day.” That’s what The Sewickley Spa promises their clients if they spend a day at their spa. And it makes a lot of sense. You’re not going to feel as if you’re the epitome of rest and relaxation every day of your life, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it for a day.
Based out of a charming 120 year old Victorian home surrounded by gardens and waterfalls, The Sewickley Spa is nationally recognized as a regal day spa with excellent service and customer satisfaction. And according to the company’s website, Sewickley has been a destination for those living a lavish lifestyle since the 1800's. The “village,” as locals refer to their community, offers many fine restaurants, art galleries, clothing boutiques, and historic homes.
The Sewickley Spa offers modern services from skin renewal facials with collagen to cupping therapy, as well as standard services such as facial and body waxing and manicures and pedicures.
Every day, guests come from as far as Ohio, West Virginia, and Northwestern Pennsylvania for these spa treatments. So, ask yourself, don’t I deserve to make the trip to this spa as well?
“Love everything about the Sewickley Spa. The atmosphere is relaxing just like you'd want from a spa trip. I look forward to every visit and it's worth every penny!” - Yelp Review
Judit European Day Spa
Hungarian inspired spa treatment.
605 Beaver St. | Sewickley | juditdayspa.com
This Sewickley spa uses the best Hungarian products on the market to provide the most effective treatments for your skin.
The Judit European Day Spa was founded by mother daughter duo Elizabeth and Judit in the Southside in 2006. Elizabeth, who had emigrated from her native Hungary, had established herself as a masseuse with the honor of massaging a member of the Royal Family, when she was joined by her daughter, Judit, who emigrated in 2001.
They are the first spa in Pennsylvania to use Omorovicza products and they exclusively use all natural Eminence Organic Skin Care which originated from Hungary.
Some of their customer favorites are the Luxurious Blue Danube Mani & Pedi, the Omorovicza Illuminating Facial, and the Hungarian Paprika Cellulite Treatment.
“I came here over the weekend with friends and had a wonderful experience. The salon is located conveniently in the heart of south side with ample street parking, and the staff was so warm and friendly.” - Yelp Review
Casa Dolce Spa
Trib Total Media’s Readers’ Choice Winner 12 Years Straight.
511B Beaver St. | Sewickley | casadolcespa.com
Tucked away in a quiet, second-floor space in the heart of Sewickley, Casa Dolce Spa is truly a hidden gem.
Casa Dolce offers services ranging from nail care and waxing to organic skin care and massage therapies.
Their massage therapies are unlike any other: they offer a customized massage that will cater to your specific needs, utilizing sports, deep tissue, stretching, pregnancy, geriatric, neuromuscular, and/or medical techniques.
Casa Dolce Spa has been named Best Day Spa, Best Nail Salon, and Best Massage Therapist in Trib Total Media's Readers' Choice contest 12 years in a row. Schedule an appointment to see if it’s worth the hype!
“Casa Dolce is a very cute space - and I mean that in a good way, not a condescending one. It's just very inviting and cozy.” - Yelp Review
Esthetics Skin Revision Salon & Spa
Save your skin with one of their unique skin revision treatments.
441 Division St. | Sewickley | estheticssalonandspa.com
Here at Esthetics Skin Revision Salon & Spa, the skin revision treatments are centered around Danne Montegue-King paramedical skin products, the most active skin care line available.
Some treatments offered are:
- Basic Enzyme Treatment: The foundation of all of Esthetics’ skin treatments. This treatment uses enzymes that penetrate beyond the surface of the skin to restore your skin to its structural integrity. By working with the natural processes of your skin to eliminate impurities and toxins, your skin will be revitalized at the basic cellular level, creating a firm, healthier surface that you can see and feel.
- Bihaku Treatment: A revolutionary treatment employing a new blend of prescriptives that eliminates imperfections and pigmentation caused by environmental elements and aging, leaving you with an instantly brighter, more even, and luminous complexion.
- Prozyme Vitamin C Therapy: This specialized enzyme exfoliation, which pairs Vitamin C with a new prozyme formulation, smoothes away dead skin cell debris. This dissolution of damaging dead cells allows deep penetration of collagen-building Vitamin C, creating softer and clearer skin.
- Power Peel Micro-Dermabrasion Treatment: A treatment that drastically reduces the appearance of fine lines, crow's feet, and other signs of aging. Coupled in this treatment are an effective dry crystal exfoliation Power Peel of dry, dead skin cells and the nourishing and rebuilding properties of the Enzyme Treatment.
- Pro Alpha Treatment: This treatment is often used as a less invasive substitute for cosmetic surgery, employing multiple elements in treating pronounced signs of aging such as uneven skin, wrinkles and fine lines, hyperpigmentation, sun-damage, and scarring. A unique blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids, or AHAs and BHAs, is methodically applied to your skin in a series of layers based on your skin type and condition. This treatment is then followed by an Enzyme or Muscle Contouring Treatment to complete the exfoliation and rebuild the structural integrity of the skin.
They also offer hair, nails, and massage treatments.
“I went in for a massage yesterday evening and was pleasantly surprised by how cozy the atmosphere is; it's almost like walking through a house in which each room has been converted into a salon or spa area. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and I really appreciate being able to schedule appointments online.” - Yelp Review
Rain’s Skin Prescription Concierge MedSpa
Relax in this rustic cozy space.
434 Centennial Ave | Sewickley | rainsskinprescription.com
This results-driven concierge Medical Spa offers only premier services proven to show drastic improvement in skin rejuvenation and body wellness.
Rain’s Skin Prescription Concierge MedSpa invites you to relax in their rustic cozy space and let them cater to your needs.
Some of the services they offer are Korean Facials, Medical Facials, Dermaplaning, Microneedling, and IV Drip.
“Rain is the only facialist I go to now. I tell everyone about her, she's the best! If you're in the Pittsburgh area you must book with her, no one offers services like Rain!” - Yelp Review
Slow down and take care of yourself by letting one of these lovely Sewickley spas take care of you for a day. Your body will thank you!